Frequently Asked QuestionsProject to Enhance Research Literacy (PERL)
- Why should I develop an Evidence Informed Practice (EIP) program/curriculum? Several key publications outline the benefits of integrating Evidence and enhancing research literacy in patient care. (Key Reference List)
- Who is this resource best suited for? This resource is based on the development of EIP programs at academic centers and is best suited for educators.
- How do I use this resource? Each tab is designed to allow entry at different points in the program development process. For example, if you need to gain and gauge support from your institution start with the gaining support tab, if you are looking for ways to assess your current programs start with the evaluating and assessing outcomes tab.
- Where do I start? To gain a general overview and definitions, choose the getting started tab. From here you can browse the links or listen to the group discussion with representatives from seven grantee institutions as they discuss lessons learned from successful EIP programs. (EIP Definition and Theory)
- What are some ways to gain administration support?
- Where can I find information on faculty training?
- Where can I find examples of course curriculum?
- Where can I find examples of materials for my classroom?
- Where can I find information to enhance my resource center or library?
- What are some ways to evaluate my EIP program?
- What are some outcomes from the NCCAM R25 programs?
- How have others incorporated EIP into the clinic setting?
Are there any CE or on-line training programs?
- Where can I get additional background information and/or documentation? This link will direct you toward a key reference list with a variety of documentation collected from each institution. (Key Reference List)
- Is there anyone who would be willing to speak with me directly about the process? (National Sources for EIP Champions)
- Where can I locate publications from the NCCAM, CAM Practitioner Research Education Project Grant Partnership projects?
- Getting Started
- Gaining Support and Momentum
- Developing Programs
- Evaluating and Assessing Outcomes
- Collaborating with Other Institutions
- Transferring knowledge from Classroom to Clinic
- Reflecting on the Experience
- NCCIH Education Grant
- Achieving Competency in Evidence Informed Practice (EIP):
A Resource Guide for Educators
- Frequently Asked Questions
- About Us